BUY-BYE CLIMATE GUILT!
HELLO PLANET POSITIVE...
Hi! I'm Neesha and here's my naughty confession:
I got goosebumps, and so should you.
Here's the BACKSTORY.
I lost it.
I was screaming at the TV.
My son looked at me like I was looney tunes.
The climate change GLOOM AND DOOM news finally got to me.
As grateful as I was for journalists sounding the alarm bells,
I found the non-stop headlines of fires, floods, and melting ice caps SO depressing.
I felt frozen - unable to figure out what *I* could do.
I didn't see the point in wallowing in eco-guilt but... wasn't I part of the problem?
I went on a media fast, but that felt like burying my head in the sand when my house is on fire.
So one day, I decided to to do an 'unofficial PhD' so I could figure out:
1. Do scalable solutions to climate change exist?
2. How can I use my business acumen to shine a light on these solutions?
I started with no preconceived notions, just a beginner's mind.
I had absolutely no idea what I would find.
Was it too late?
Can we do anything?
What few actions could have an exponentially big impact?
I have to say, this side project became quite an obsession.
Don't judge me but I think I must have listened to at least 200 podcast episodes, read over 1,000 documents and books, and connected with TONS of scientists, researchers, and experts.
A strange thing happened as I went down this rabbit hole.
Something I never expected.
I went from feeling worried, angry, and upset at humanity.
to feeling activated and excited.
I came across people doing the impossible.
They had taken this existential climate crisis and turned it into their own Manhattan Project.
Often, in the absence of government support, swimming against the policy currents that would have defeated many others, they persisted against all odds.
They reminded me of my mentor, Baba Amte - the larger-than-life character in the first book I wrote in 2006, Wisdom Song. He believed that persistence is what led to his awe-inspiring humanitarian and environmental legacy.
These new planet-positive leaders and their innovative solutions gave me goosebumps.
So..I decided to do a complete pivot in my own business.
I decided to help these Planet-Positive Entrepreneurs Prosper AND bring their best practices to other forward-thinking leaders (like you?)
If watching California or the Amazon go up in flames makes you physically upset or...
Uncle Bob makes you want to throw your wine glass at him when he insists that climate change is a conspiracy theory or...
if you want your business to be planet positive and profitable but you don't know how...
you're in the right place.
Leave your guilt at the door.
This new world will give you hope.
Welcome to the Goosebumps Manifesto.
You're still wondering - what is she talking about?
Let me explain. My name is Neesha Mirchandani and Goosebumps Manifesto is a book I'd like to co-write with you.
It will feature the fascinating stories of mavericks capturing carbon from the air to sequestering carbon in farmland, tree planting at scale, and even ways businesses can play a role without sacrificing profitability.
In the book, I also help YOU create your own Planet Positive legacy -- as an individual AND a business leader -- so you can leave the world better for the next generation AND increase brand equity.
As you 'meet' incredible entrepreneurs who have developed solutions for climate change, don't be surprised if it triggers your own planet-positive shenanigans. I will only write the book if I get 1,000 pre-orders because this is a lot of work, and I need to validate that there's a need for it.
If you PRE-ORDER before December 31, 2019, you can also request that I research a specific Planet Positive company or initiative that you're particularly interested in and be part of an exclusive advisory panel that can help me write, edit and share the book with the world.
Here's what you can expect in the Goosebumps Manifesto:
- INSPIRATION: Replace ECO-GUILT AND ECO-FEAR with hope based on cutting-edge innovations that can stop/reverse climate change.
- CONNECTION: Meet the heroes and heroines leading this breakthrough work.
- ACTIVATION: Find out how you can make an outsized impact so I can feature you in the next edition of the Goosebumps Manifesto!
If you're already running a Planet Positive business or know someone who is, apply to be featured!
TWO THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. I'm not a scientist, and I don't play one on the Internet. I have a Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism and over 25 years of experience as a management and marketing consultant working at companies such as IBM and Young & Rubicam. I share what I've learned, but it's not a one-way street. We're in this together.
2. If you believe climate change isn't happening or you feel it's not your problem, I would submit to you that there are other reasons to support the Planet Positive movement. If you look at the smog in cities like Beijing and Delhi, it's plain to see that burning oil and coal is not great for our lungs, and keeping our oceans, rivers, and land pristine is in our interest as business owners. Plus, when your customers, employees, and investors reward you for doing good and doing well, you can take that to the bank.
We don't always have to agree on motivation, as long as we agree on action. For example, one of my colleagues has zero interest in climate change. He put solar panels on his roof because he runs a virtual business from his home and he did the math, and found it was cheaper than paying Duke Energy.
So, I welcome you as long as you're here to engage in a positive way -- no matter what you believe. We all want a cleaner, greener earth.
A LITTLE ABOUT THE GOOSEBUMPS LEGACY ACCELERATOR (MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEE - JOIN AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR AS A TEAM):
- Behind-the-Scenes access as I write the book! You get to be my first eyes on every chapter - I will release one per month, sometimes more.
- Group sessions where you can write your own goosebumps-worthy Planet Positive Legacy.
- Accountability Check-ins and access to experts and special guests.
- The possibility of being featured in the book if your Planet-Positive legacy work can inspire others.
- Tips to green your life and your business.
MEET YOUR GUIDE, NEESHA MIRCHANDANI
I believe that all businesses will ultimately move to a Planet Positive business model. Why? Because it is a profitable strategy, if done right. Just look at the benefits:
- Fanatical Loyalty even if you face of stiff competition because customers identify with your mission -- your brand isn't just something they buy, it's part of who they are;
- Epic Employee Retention (even in a competitive job market) due to a shared purpose that no competitor can easily duplicate, this is one of the easiest "Blue Ocean" strategies to implement;
- Brand Cachet and Free Publicity that money can't buy even if you have a huge media budget because the press is hungry for legitimate planet-positive business stories, and so is the public;
- Increased Valuation... Have you read BlackRock CEO Larry Fink's shareholder letter? Investors like him are ready to put their money where their mouths are, so instead of struggling to fund your vision, you have money coming to you.
I've served as a business strategist to Fortune 50 companies and startups, published three books (one has a Foreword by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama) AND YET, I believe the Goosebumps Manifesto will be the most important work I've done in my 25 year career. If you see yourself as a LEADER and you want to positively impact climate change, come join me as an INDIVIDUAL or BRING YOUR ENTIRE TEAM on board.
"DOESN'T SHY AWAY FROM ASKING THE HARD QUESTIONS..."
I had the privilege to work with Neesha on multiple initiatives as part of her role as a Principal in the Strategy & Change team at IBM, and her biggest strength is the relentless focus on what is important for the customer.
She also doesn't shy away from asking the hard questions during a discussion, and in the process makes the end product much more fool proof. She leads confidently, but without arrogance. Neesha is always professional and works well with stakeholders across large organizations.
I have often used Neesha as a sounding board during brainstorming sessions as she has the ability to filter out the noise and hone in on the core of the problem. Always insightful, Neesha has been a valuable colleague and mentor.
Currently Senior Product Manager, lululemon Previously, Principal, IBM
I SHARE A FEW OF MY CLIENT WINS SO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RESULTS MATTER TO ME. THE GOOSEBUMPS MANIFESTO REFLECTS MY PENCHANT FOR PROFITABILITY.
6000% RETURN ON INVESTMENT FOR A BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CLIENT
My Role: Part-Time Marketing Director
A biotech client banked $3 million in funding from our work together. Now they have Annual Recurring Revenue to pay for R&D expenses and associated overhead for the next 2 years.
As their part-time Director of Marketing, I also helped them revamped their website to be content-rich and SEO-optimized, re-designed their trade show booth so it generates foot traffic and leads, and helped them publish articles in industry journals read by their Big Pharma clients.
$11,550 WITH $0 IN AD SPEND
My Role: Marketing Coach & Advisor
A nonprofit generated $11, 550 in a recent product launch with zero ad spend. We combined several strategies including extracting sales from a 'dead' email list that wasn't opening or taking action.
CREATING A NEW REVENUE STREAM BY LEVERAGING EXISTING ASSET
Created $2,750 in new revenue for a client from an asset they had not fully monetized. This win came even before we signed the contract to begin our work together with a single email.
Next: We will be launching an evergreen funnel to convert passive listeners into active supporters who contribute Monthly Recurring Revenue. Stay tuned if you have a podcast!